Work With Us
TLC House & Pet Sitting Service, LLC is a growing business which focuses on providing high quality pet sitting services to our valued clientele. We are looking for qualified, professional independent contractors to work with our company. Please review our service area as we only work with sitters that live in our service area.
Please NO calls about being a pet sitter. Please fill out this form if you have read all information and you would like to go through the screening process to be a professional pet sitter with TLC House & Pet Sitting Services.
YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN AREAS OUTLINE ON THE MAP.
TLC sitters provide trusted, personalized care for clients’ homes and display a loving, caring disposition with their pets while they are away. Personalized care includes: providing fresh food, water, TLC / attention, play time, as well as yard / litter box clean-up. Other responsibilities may include: behavior modification, medication administration, and / or additional duties as assigned by the client. Please see our service page for types of visits.
Types of Pet Sitters:
- DAILY SITTER: Split shift between morning, afternoon, and evening visits. Sitters must be available for all 3 time frames. This does not mean you can work weekends only. Client can be gone for a week and you need to be available to pet sit for a week, possibility 2-3 times a day for that client while they are gone. We do not share jobs. Clients may request their visits to be approximately 20-60 minutes, 7 days a week.
- MID-DAY SITTER: Sitters must be available to walk large dogs (Monday through Friday for a minimum of 3 days per week during the middle of the day). Most visits are usually between 10am-3pm.
- OVERNIGHT SITTER: Clients request for the sitter to arrive in the evening and sleep at their home. Sitters may stay at a client’s home for 10-12 hours. Sitters must have their own place to live, as this is supplemental income only. You may stay at one client’s home from 1night up to 10+ nights consecutive depending on how long the client’s reservation is. You can work a 9-5 job and still be an overnight sitter.
- All positions are contracted, and commission-based. We do not guarantee any steady income as this is supplemental income only.
- Must be able to be bonded and Insured for pet sitting.
- Must reside in our service areas and provide service in a 10 mile radius of your home. Click here to view map of our service area.
- Able to pass a background check and have excellent references.
- Legal age to sign contracts -prefer 25 years or older
- Daily Sitters must have a flexible schedule and available for AM & PM shifts.
- Available on all MAJOR holidays and rarely travel-
- Committed to contracting with TLC and it’s clients.
- Have reliable car, a cell phone (smart phone preferred), access to the internet, and ability to check e-mail daily.
- Detail oriented, organized, strong time-management skills, and able to follow specific instructions.
- Mature, responsible, self-motivated, and professional adult.
- Quick thinker with a LOT common sense approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong sales skills and positive attitude.
- Outgoing personality and an animal lover (cats and dogs especially).
- Capable of walking two large, energetic dogs (50lbs +) at once.
- Non-smoker(preferred) who is neat, tidy, and respectful of clients’ homes.
- Prefer volunteer and / or has pet care experience with local vet clinics, animal shelters, groomers, pet stores, etc.
- Preferred experienced in the administration of injections for both cats and dogs and oral medication.
- Pet CPR and First Aid certification preferred not required
TLC independent contracted pet sitting professionals sets a standard of excellence in pet care . A TLC representative will respond to inquiries which meet our needs for availability, area, and experience. We thank you for your interests in being a independent contractor with in a rewarding opportunity with TLC.